Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mashed


No, this entry isn’t about my recent side dish of choice (mashed sweet potatoes with a little nutmeg, cinnamon, milk, and butter = heaven), but more about what my life has been lately – a mish mash of blog distracting events.

First off, work has been totally, certifiably crazy. But if there’s one thing this blog isn’t about, it’s my job.

-------

A few weekends back we went to NYC to watch my sister-in-law run the marathon. It was a great, albeit exhausting (yes, for me! just a spectator!), experience, made only slightly less great by the woman who felt the need to hurl the b--- word at me as we calmly walked (okay, we were running like crazy people) to catch our train. When I say woman, I mean of the 50-60 year old variety. Really? We haven’t learned better behavior by that age?

This is literally the best photo I took the whole weekend. Not much to say for my photog skills.

-------

Last weekend, I went to visit my sister and my adorable niece, and had the most amazing time smothering her (the niece) with kisses, encouraging her (the niece) to walk, and laughing non-stop at her (you guessed it) budding precocious personality. An anecdote – she now feeds their dog, Onyx, one Cheerio per Cheerio she gets in her mouth, in the most matter-of-fact, “of course I’m supposed to be doing this” way.

-------

This week, my darling, dearest Phoebe has been sick. She’s had a UTI and then a bad reaction to her antibiotic and spent last night meowing pathetically and in obvious pain and discomfort. It’s so hard to see her not feeling well – way harder than I would have imagined or remember (she’s only been sick like this once before). What am I going to be like when I have kids? Egad.

No comments: