Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Super Bowl of Food

For me this year, the super bowl was really all about the food. We went to a friend's house for the game, and while there, I only left the kitchen for maybe a total of 5 minutes. It's not only where the women were hanging out, it's also where all of the food was - and thus where I was!

Our contribution to this food event was goat cheese and chorizo rolls. We pretty much followed this recipe from Food & Wine magazine to a tee, except that I used fresh chorizo sausage instead of dried. I used two sausages, split them open and browned the meat in a pan before adding it to the goat cheese and chive mixture. The H was in charge of working with the fillo dough and he did a fantastic job.



H's fillo skills at work - look with what speed he's rolling!
The final product tasted fantastic - although I wouldn't recommend these for transporting in a cab to a party. They got soggy pretty quickly.


before the sog set in
Another food highlight (lowlight?) from the party was the aptly named, "Bacon Explosion," which consisted of bacon wrapped around sausage wrapped around bacon - with barbecue sauce on top. I just couldn't bring myself to try this phenomonenon, but H did and said it was everything he thought it would be. Does that sound good or bad?

an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in bacon


And that folks, are all the highlights I'm really concerned about from that game. Until next year, when a PA team is hopefully in play.....

No comments: