Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A vision in a red jumpsuit

Fact #1: The months leading up to a wedding can sometimes be full of some pretty intense, wedding themed dreams (a.k.a. nightmares). 
Fact #2: My family (in particular my dad, my sister, and I) are renowned for our especially whacky and vivid dreams.

These two facts together have created some real whoppers for me in the last couple of weeks, and I can only imagine this is going to get even better.

Last night, it was this:

For some reason unbeknownst to me, I was storing my wedding dress in a huge warehouse of a bridal shop that had hundreds of other dresses in it (my real dress is actually at my mom and dad's house, hanging in the computer room).  It just so happens that this bridal shop was also creating and altering dresses to be entered in to a fashion show, or some sort of contest (I might have watched too many episodes of Project Runway in my life).

Well, when I realized that this was happening at the bridal shop, I rushed over there to grab my dress and get it out of there before it was inadvertently added to the contest – and of course, as these dreams go, I was too late. Not only had my dress already been picked out to put into the contest, it had also been "altered" into.....wait for it......

a bright red jumpsuit.


Yes, it looked kind of like this.
Source
I was devastated. I started bawling and screaming like it was the end of the world (It kind of was!). I implored the seamstress (who happened to be a family friend who in real life is nothing comparable to a seamstress) if there was anything they could do to fix it? No. Could they give me the money to go buy a new one? They at least had to do that! No - they had spent all of their available funds on putting together the dresses for the show/contest. There was nothing I could do! I certainly couldn't afford to get a whole new dress! It was awful!

And then I woke up, and in my just-waking-up haze thought for one split second that maybe it wouldn’t be the TOTAL end of the world if I had to wear a red jumpsuit down the aisle.

But I'm pretty sure it definitely would.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hahah that's hilarious!