Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Theories

We’re facing another day of winter weather tomorrow here in Philly, and I have to admit....I’m over it.

I’m finding myself floating away on thoughts of sun that's warm enough to feel, flip flops, green, orange flowers and butterflies, and the ability to walk outside without my shoulders hunched against the cold.




We had a really cold and snowy winter last year too, but I don’t remember feeling quite this anxious for spring this early in the year. So, I have a couple of theories for why I’m so over winter this year:

-  I am getting married this spring. I’m thinking this is a pretty good reason for chomping at the bit for warmer weather.

 -  My commute forces me to have at least a 15 minute walk every day. Unlike last year, there’s no just walking from building to car to building again. I actually have to be out and experience the elements everyday – and there’s been a good deal of elements to be experiencing.

-  I didn’t have much of a summer this past year. I didn't take a vacation, didn’t even make it to the shore, and I was commuting over an hour and a half to Philly for work, so I had really long days. I didn’t have much of a chance to enjoy the warm weather – maybe that’s why I miss it so much now?

I really don’t mean to complain. When I was living in Charleston, SC, we only really had two seasons, and while both of those seasons were magnificent, I admit that I missed having all four, so now I do really try to enjoy each season as it is. It’s just not always so easy.

But I am trying to make the best of it. And tonight, I did that by drinking spicy hot chocolate…




and whipped cream out of a great mustaches mug.


And that should at least carry me through tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

love the mug ;)

caroline said...

Mmmm... yummy. I want some of that.